Finding TDC on any engine
1. Pull all the plugs
2. Rotate engine clockwise using a ratchet, with your finger over the #1
cylinder spark plug hole rotate until you feel pressure building in the cylinder.
3. Now screw in a piston stop and carefully rotate crank until the piston hits the stop.
4. Make a mark on the cover or timing tab or anywhere else on the motor, on
some 440's with serpentine belt assembly you may want to make a mark on the
front of the oil pan.
5. Reverse the rotation and bring the crank back around until it touches the stop again
6. Make your second mark.
7. 1/2 the distance between the marks is TDC